JellyPages.com

Friday, August 3, 2018

Week of August 1st Update


Good afternoon parents,
What a great start to the 2018-2019 school year! I am so excited to be your child’s homeroom teacher and their ELA teacher. I look forward to all of the fun we will have this year.

Next week in…
  • Reading: Our focus will be on building reading stamina and selecting appropriate “good-fit” books.
  • Writing: We will discuss our routines and procedures for Writing Workshop and discuss how to generate ideas for writing.

Reminders:
  • Your parent homework assignment is due on August 10th. If you have no idea what I’m referring to, please check your child’s green homework folder for a small yellow piece of paper that will explain everything you need to do. They should have also written this down in their agenda. Please check your child’s agenda daily as this will be the most up to date information about what is going on in my class along with Mrs. Philp’s class.
  • The student’s job application and two recommendation forms are due on August 7th.
  • Please sign and return all papers no later than Tuesday, August 7th. I have to get those turned in ASAP!

I am so excited to work with you as we work to improve your child’s reading and writing abilities. If you have any questions regarding math, science, or social studies, please contact Mrs. Philp at Katherine.Philp@cobbk12.org. I would be happy to answer any questions you have regarding reading or writing.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions or concerns.

I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment