JellyPages.com

Friday, October 19, 2018

Week of October 15th Update

Good afternoon parents,
I hope you all had a wonderful week. I really appreciate you all taking the time to come in and conference with me. It is very helpful for me to explain your child’s progress in 4th grade. I realize that I had to fly through the information, so if you are confused about something or have any additional questions please let me know.

Next week in…
  • Reading: We will be discussing poetry.
  • Word Work: Students will take the vocab quiz on Friday the 26th. We will also be discussing Similes and Metaphors.
  • Writing: We will begin our opinion writing unit. This is my FAVORITE writing unit, and I think the kids will have a lot of fun with it too!

Reminders:
  • Our field trip to the Cobb Youth Museum is on Tuesday. Students will be picking up a sack lunch if they choose to buy, but we will be eating at the school so paper sacks are not needed for this field trip. Please have your child wear their class t-shirt.
  • On Tuesday, students must also send in a pumpkin that is NO BIGGER THAN THEIR HEAD! We will have our Pumpkin Transformation on Wednesday. If students are having to paint their entire pumpkin for their transformation, then they should do this painting at home that way it has time to fully dry. Finishing touches can be painted in class. For example, if a student wants to transform their pumpkin into an apple, they should paint the pumpkin red at home. They could bring green paint to class to paint a leaf if they would like. Students should bring ALL their supplies for their transformation.
  • The Monster Mash dance is on Friday from 6-7:30. I hope to see everyone there for this fun event!
  • 25 BOOK CHALLENGE: Please make sure your child is completing the book reviews so that their reading can count toward our 25 Book Challenge. Students are aware of this and know that this is a requirement. They should be completing a Mini Book Review on EVERY 100 pages they read. For example, if a book is 206 pages, that can count as 2 books. The only exception is if the book as a lot of pictures, then I may only count it as one book. The students know where they can find the book review sheets in my classroom and know that they should be completed in the morning or at home. Your support with this would be greatly appreciated!!!

Also, the Reading Bowl list that I could not think of is called the Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl. I highly recommend these books for the stronger readers.

If you did not get a chance to complete the State Survey, please do so. This is an important component of our CCRPI score (State-wide school grading score), and we are asking for both parents to complete the survey. Here is the link: http://gshs.gadoe.org/parents


Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment